Skip to content
Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute

Notable achievements of the clinical and research staff include the establishment of a renowned pediatric and adult ocular tumor clinic (1947), the first ophthalmological use of the laser (1961), the first development of an artificial vitreal substitute (Healon™), excimer laser corneal surgery (1983), the development and clinical use of the wide field specular microscope (1980), and the first human retinal cell transplants (1994).

Contact Information

635 West 165th Street New York
NY 10032 United States of America

Website www.columbiaeye.orgabout-usthe-harkness-s-eye-institute