LVPEI Campus Tour
LV Prasad Eye Institute invites IAPB Council delegates to tour the Institute’s main campus at Hyderabad or their village vision complex. The tours will allow delegates to see first-hand the various interventions that are being carried out across the LVPEI eye care network for the prevention of blindness and vision impairment.
Established in 1987, L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), is a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Prevention of Blindness. The institute has served over 26.04 million people till date with over 50% of the services provided free of cost, regardless of complexity of care needed.
IAPB Council 2018 delegates can choose either one or both of the tour options mentioned below. Both the tours will be led by senior faculty members.
Tour 1: Institute Tour
LVPEI’s Kallam Anji Reddy campus at Hyderabad is at the apex of the LVPEI’s pyramid model of eye care service delivery. The tour will help you know more about the:-
- The clinical, rehabilitation and eye banking services offered at the Institute
- Interact with the representatives from the research, innovation and education teams and understand from them the work happening in these areas.
|Location||Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad|
|Timings||Will be fixed on mutual convenience|
|Point of contact||Mr Mahaveer Jain; Mobile: +91 88609 06950|
|Register||To register, send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Tour 2: Visit to LVPEI’s Integrated Comprehensive Eye Care Model – Village Vision Complex
LVPEI’s Village Vision Complexes (VVC) is an integrated rural eye care service delivery network that comprises of one Secondary Level Eye Care Centre, and ten Primary Level Eye Care Centres and Community programmes. The tour will help you understand:-
- LVPEI’s Pyramid model for eye care service delivery and how through its VVC programme it is creating efficient, equitable, affordable and accessible eye care systems in the underserved areas on a sustainable basis
- The work that is being carried out at the Primary and Secondary Eye Care Centres
- The community participatory initiatives such as children’s eye health, Disability Inclusive Comprehensive Eye Care and other programmes
|Location||LVPEI’s Secondary Centre |
Kuchakulla Ramachandra Reddy Eye Centre
Thoodukurthy village, Nagarkurnool district, Telangana
|Duration||10 hours (Including travel time; distance from Hyderabad city: 132 Kms)|
|Timings||8am to 6pm|
|Point of contact||Mr Joji; Mobile: +91 99082 83333|
|Register||To register, send a mail to: email@example.com|