The Eye Health Heroes 2019 event recognises and celebrates young and upcoming frontline staff or volunteers within the eye health sector. The Eye Health Heroes event will take place during the Council between 7-8th October 2019. Their work in the field and engagement with the community makes a real difference in restoring sight.
In addition to celebrating their work, we are working on creating opportunities for all nominees to meet with and learn from leaders in the eye health sector and form part of an ever-growing community of Eye Health Heroes.
Nominated by IAPB member organisations from within their ranks, or from their partner organisations, the nominated Heroes are felicitated at the IAPB Council of Members annually.
Criteria for Eye Health Heroes
Your Eye Health Hero should be a person working for your organisation or a partnering organisation and should meet the criteria below:
- Eye Health Heroes should be under the age of 35 at the point of nomination
- Eye Health Heroes should be someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in the eye health sector
- Eye Health Heroes is an opportunity to celebrate someone’s energy and the potential they display
Criteria for Nominating Organisations
To nominate an Eye Health Hero your organisation must agree to the following:
- Your organisation must be an IAPB member
- Your organisation can only nominate one Eye Health Hero
- Your organisation must nominate their EHH by 23rd August 2019 otherwise we cannot accept the nomination
- Your organisation are responsible for ensuring your Eye Health Hero is able to attend the event –this may include financial support
- Please note the applicant criteria –this must be adhered to or your nomination will not be considered