All delegates who require a Visa to enter Nepal can refer to the options below. Please read the sections below carefully to determine whether you require a visa and how to apply for it.
If you would like to have an Invitation letter for the event you Please note you will be able to request an Invitation letter to be sent to you during registration for the COM 2017. Letters will be sent up to 5 days after registration.
Obtaining A Visa
This section applies to most nationalities, please continue reading below for the exceptions – Indian & Chinese Nationals, African Region Nationals
Price & Duration
- 15 days – $25 USD
- 30 days – $40 USD
- 90 days – $100 USD
- Multiple-entry – $20 USD (useful if going back-and-forth between Tibet/India)
- One passport-sized photo with a light background;
- Cash to pay the visa fee (USD is best, especially at land crossings, but you can also pay with EUR, CHF, GBP, AUD, CAD, HKD, SGD, and JPY. Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.);
- A passport that is valid for at least six months.
- Please note that the following nationalities cannot obtain a visa-on-arrival: AFG, IRQ, CMR, GHA, SOM, SWZ, PSE, ZWE, NGA, ETH, and LBR.
- Kathmandu’s airport has bank counters where you can exchange currencies;
- It also has a photo booth to create passport-sized photos, if you forgot to bring some;
- Having a couple photocopies of your passport is always handy while traveling;
- Bring extra USD cash and convert a small amount at the airport to pay for your taxi to Thamel, where you can convert the rest at a better exchange rate.
Apply Online (In Advance)
Gratis (Free) Visa
For first visit in one visa year (January to December), gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals traveling to Nepal must possess any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.
As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
Other Nationalities – VERY IMPORTANT
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact:
This information is available on: http://www.welcomenepal.com/plan-your-trip/visa-nepal-information.html#sthash.Pqqkqhkt.dpuf