The International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment (ICEVI) is a global association of individuals and organisations that promotes equal access to appropriate education for all visually impaired children and youth so that they may achieve their full potential.
- To ensure access and full participation in education for all children with visual impairment and youth by 2030.
- To promote and assist in building of local capacity to develop curriculum, to provide training and to identify and provide equipment and materials to children and youth with visual impairments and their parents, teachers and others in their communities.
- To collaborate with and make use of networks to ensure that substantially more children with visual impairment and youth receive quality and comprehensive education.
- To ensure that ICEVI initiatives are based upon current evidence of best practice.
- To provide information on ICEVI and its services through all possible and appropriate media to all target groups.
- To build an appropriate and sustainable organizational structure for ICEVI, to include the required financial base.