IPOSC’s mission statement is:
To work together to preserve and restore eye health and enhance visual function in children, and ocular alignment and binocularity in children and adults throughout the world.
Our goals are:
- Promote programs and research to reduce childhood blindness, treat vision impairment in children, and improve ocular alignment in children and adults.
- Encourage the development of institutions and trained practitioners to achieve the mission.
- Assist educational efforts to fulfill the mission through improved education of practitioners and the public.
- Provide effective communications between national and supra-national societies to achieve the mission.
- Facilitate collaboration with international foundations and non-governmental organizations to promote and enhance eye care.
International Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Council
655 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94109-1336, USA