The International Centre for Eye Health and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine are re-running the successful free online course on Eliminating Trachoma with the help of its partners FutureLearn from October 2.
The course development has been supported by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Sightsavers and International Coalition for Trachoma Control.
You can register TODAY – Course begins: 2 October 2017
The link to enrol onto the course is: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/eliminating-trachoma
An estimated 200 million people are at risk of trachoma in 42 countries. It occurs in some of the poorest populations with limited access to clean water, sanitation, and healthcare, and is the world’s leading infectious cause of blindness. At present, we have a unique opportunity to eliminate this disease.
- Inform and support the personnel implementing and managing trachoma programmes at a district and community level
- Provide insights from stakeholders, experts and professionals as they share successes and resolve challenges to achieve elimination of trachoma
The 5 week course will use a variety of learning tools and provide opportunities to interact and learn through conversations with peers, educators and experts from across the world. Together, we will examine:
- Mapping trachoma to identify the affected communities
- Implementing trachoma prevention and treatment: SAFE strategies at the community level
- How to validate and certify successful trachoma elimination
On completion you will have the opportunity to purchase a Certificate of Achievement.
Ambassadors: Participants will benefit from Ambassadors who are experts in the field of Trachoma each week. Leave comments in each of the sections and our Ambassadors will engage with you!
The British Council are offering 60,000 free upgrades to official development assistance (ODA) countries! Register today, take the course, complete the course and upgrade to receive a free Certificate!
Who is eligible for British Council free upgrade?:
Learners from more than 35 ODA countries.
Learners must be a resident in these countries while doing the course. FutureLearn will only ship Certificates to these countries:
- Primary: priority markets where BC most heavily market the offer China, India, Malaysia
- Secondary: other markets where BC will market, but not as heavily as primary markets Brazil, Indonesia, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Ghana, Nigeria, Mexico
- Tertiary: other countries that would also be eligible for the offer Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Ethiopia, Iraq, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For further information contact : +44 (0) 20 7958 8316 and email@example.com.