Orbis is looking for a Governance and Compliance Manager based out of London, UK.
You will be responsible for a portfolio that covers Trustee governance, regulatory compliance, legal agreements, policy development, data protection and risk management. Working across departments you will ensure that Orbis UK complies with UK legal and regulatory requirements. You will be Orbis UK’s data protection lead and will be responsible for policy and risk management development.
Title: Governance and Compliance Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: London, UK (near Monument)
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week permanent
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum, subject to experience
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing information to new and existing Trustees to keep them advised of their responsibilities and developments in the sector.
- Producing reports and presentations for Board meetings and other information as required by the Trustees.
- Leading on Orbis UK statutory compliance.
- Ensuring returns and reports are filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission on a timely basis.
- Maintaining the policy framework, advising when new policies are required and assisting in their drafting.
- Acting as data protection lead, collaborating with fundraising and communications colleagues as appropriate.
- Reporting the strategic risk register to the SMT on a quarterly basis, in preparation for the Audit Committee meetings.
- Developing systems for the management of risk.
For full Job Description visit Orbis UK website.
Application and interviews
Closing Date: Wednesday 20 March 2019
First Interviews: Wednesday 27 March 2019
Second Interviews: Monday 1 April 2019
Start Date: ASAP
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Successful applicants may be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applications, so if you haven’t heard from us by Monday 25 March 2019, your application has not been successful. An understanding of GDPR regulations and how to maintain compliance is essential.
Orbis UK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from any suitably qualified persons. We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of age, race, disability, gender, marital status, religion or faith or sexual orientation.
Application is via curriculum vitae and covering letter, to Nathalie Pinel-Miller, Business Support Manager, Orbis UK, 10 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6AF or by email to [email protected]