PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION
“Competition” means the photography competition run by International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, as outlined on www.iapb.org/wsd2021;
“IAPB” means International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, a charitable company with company number 04620869 registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales with charity number 1100559 whose registered office is at 1 St. Katharines Way, International House, London, England, E1W 1UN
- These Terms and Conditions shall be read in conjunction with the other terms and information provided on iapb.org.
- IAPB reserves the right to change the terms of the competition.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition (an Entry), You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Entry, once submitted to the Competition, shall immediately be subject to, and made available for use in accordance with, the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Licence 4.0 (the Licence), as may be amended or updated by Creative Commons from time to time. In accordance with the terms of the Licence, when using the Entry, IAPB shall include an acknowledgement that You are the author of the Entry, and that the Entry is made available under the terms of the Licence;
- once an Entry is submitted to the Competition and made available under the Licence, the Licence cannot be revoked (as per the terms of the Licence). The grant of the Licence is perpetual and irrevocable and will survive termination of these Terms and Conditions for any reason;
- You own the copyright in any Entry submitted and You have the full right to copy and transmit the Entry to IAPB for use in the Competition, including for the Entry to be made available in accordance with the Licence;
- the Entry does not infringe any third party rights or intellectual property rights, including copyright and trade mark rights. In the event of infringement, You shall indemnify and hold harmless IABP for any loss or damage;
- where an Entry includes images of individuals, that You have permission to use that person’s image (or, in the case of an individual under the age of 18, that you have their parent or guardian’s permission to use that person’s image);
- You will not submit an Entry to the Competition that is or IAPB deems to be: unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, harmful, fraudulent, confidential, libellous, hateful, discriminatory, threatening or contain otherwise illegal material or information or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence or promote violence;
- the Entry submitted (and that is subject to the Licence) shall be supplied by You in such format as may be requested by IAPB; and
- IAPB has the right to use your name and country of residence (as submitted by You with the Entry) for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your Entry and/or as a winner of the Competition, in such a way as IAPB in its sole discretion sees fit; and by submitting the Entry, You acknowledge that the Entry is an original work and that you are the sole author and owner of the Entry (and IAPB and any other person’s use of the Entry in accordance with the Licence shall not breach the rights of any third party).
- Submissions must be made by respondents over the age of 18 (Eighteen). Those under 18, must have the permission of their parent/guardian. The Professional prize is not open to respondents under 18.
- If IAPB has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then IAPB shall (in its sole discretion) be entitled not to consider the Entry and may disqualify it.