About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the IAPB Team, connecting knowledge across the global eye health network. As Knowledge Manager you will work closely with the Head of Knowledge Management to:
- Deliver eye health knowledge projects and activities including webinars, learning and events.
- Curate, update and create the content on the online knowledge hub and the Vision Atlas.
- Provide eye health technical expertise as required for the organisation and support IAPB global and regional staff to share knowledge effectively and efficiently.
- Research key topics as required and summarise for a less technical readership.
- Liaise with members to support focussed areas of expertise across linked projects, work and task groups.
- Implement knowledge management frameworks, systems, technology and processes to facilitate effective knowledge exchange across the network.
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the organisation.
- Coordinate & contribute to the development and dissemination of key data, information and experiences across the IAPB network through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications.
- Travel to IAPB events, the London office and Sydney may be required (in line with pandemic travel advice and restrictions).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced eye health professional to make their mark in global eye health.
What you will bring:
- Excellent project management skills
- Positive, solution-based thinking to get the job done
- Strong ability to present diverse information from varied sources in engaging, easy to understand formats
- Strong technical aptitude in digital technologies relevant to KM and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated experience working in and understanding global eye health and development
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple functions and thematic areas within the organisation and collaborate effectively with the IAPB team, membership and the broader network
- Knowledge of good practice in relation to knowledge management and exchange
- Proven ability to remote work in a multicultural, global team environment
- Qualification in an eye health related field preferred
Please see the job description below for further information.
About the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB)
IAPB is the overarching alliance for the global eye health sector, with more than 150 organisations in over 100 countries working together for a world where everyone has universal access to eye care. Our key priorities are global advocacy, connecting knowledge, strengthening the network and providing services to our members.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose, know that your work contributes to creating a world where a no one is needlessly visually impaired, where everyone has access to the best possible standard of eye health; and where those with irreparable vision loss achieve their full potential.
This full-time role can be located in any area for the right candidate.Regular calls and a close working relationship with the Head of Knowledge Management in Sydney, Australia will be required.
IAPB is an equal opportunity employer with a candidate selection policy that encourages diversity and inclusion.
Applications are now closed.