Orbis envisions a world where no one, no matter where they live, struggles to access quality eye care. Orbis is an international nonprofit transforming lives through prevention and treatment of blindness. With their network of partners, they mentor, train, and inspire local teams to fight blindness in their communities.
For over 40 years, Orbis has been enabling equitable access to quality eye health services. Through their Flying Eye Hospital, our telemedicine platform – Cybersight, and Country Programs, they have been delivering the skills, resources, and knowledge to enable equitable access to quality eye care. Learn more about Orbis’ impact here.
Join Orbis in celebrating impact!
The Orbis delegation will be present at 2030 IN SIGHT LIVE showcasing the impact that has been lighting up lives across the world. Come, explore the potential solutions that can transform lives!
24 June 2023 | Side-Meeting (3pm (SGT), Room AC-6-4 at SERI)
Integrated People Centered Care in Action: The Orbis Approach
Join Orbis for an in-depth conversation on Integrated People Centered Eye Care (IPEC). This interactive session will include discussions with key stakeholder and partner organizations to understand how to best leverage existing tools and operationalize recommendations at the country level.
Orbis at work: Country Level IPEC Highlights
- Improving access among women and girls through a gender sensitive approach – the Women Led Green Vision Centers
- Expanding access to eye care services in hard-to-reach areas
- Integrating eye care services for the Rohingya and host population by forging key partnerships with the government, multilateral organisations, and INGOs
- Leveraging social worker model (trained social workers identifying patients in remote areas and addressing the needs) to drive access to eye care services among the underserved population
- Training on patient communications and education
- Setting up of Regional Resource Centers on Patient Counseling to deliver bespoke care
- Enabling uninterrupted access to primary eye care services through solar powered Green Vision Centers in places with frequent electricity outages
- Delivering eye care at doorsteps through Vision Vans and Door-to-door eye screenings
- Training school physicians and teachers to conduct screenings to improve students’ access to eye screenings.
- Working towards improving Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) screening and screening of new-borns for eye conditions
- Leveraging AI for Diabetic Retinopathy screening for timely identification and intervention, improving access to services, and reducing workload for ophthalmic health staff
Understanding the current scenario and charting the way forward, witness the conversation during the pre-event side meeting on 24 June 2023, through Facebook Live!
25-26 June – 2030 IN SIGHT LIVE
25 June 2023, Day 1
Chimgee Chuluunkhuu, Orbis’ country director for Mongolia, will be a panellist on the Transforming Commitments into Real Actions (IPEC) session. The panel will focus on experiences from the regions on implementing IPEC.
Meet Orbis at the event’s Marketplace!
Catch up with the Orbis delegation to learn more about their impact in Asia and other geographies, and forge partnerships that can illuminate lives. Meet Orbis at the Marketplace in the Singapore Eye Research Institute on 25 and 26 June 2023.