Join a powerful, unprecedented alliance for better eye health for all.Join IAPB
Combat Blindness International is requesting proposals for projects that seek to eliminate avoidable blindness around the world. CBI collaborates with organizations that work with low income populations. Projects must be direct service projects/programmes that change lives through early intervention and prevention, education, and capacity building. Projects with major salary and/or administrative costs will not be considered.
CBI encourages organizations from South America and Africa to submit proposals.
Projects can be submitted through CBI’s website at https://www.combatblindness.org/partnership/
CBI accepts proposal inquiries year-round. After initial review, inquiries that meet our initial criteria will be invited to submit a formal proposal. Formal proposals for funding are accepted from January 1-March 31st of each year.
The programme areas we support fall into the following categories:
Cataracts – support programmes that provide free cataract screening, surgeries, and glasses.
Pediatric Eye Care – support programmes that provide free screening of children for refractive errors and eye disease, free surgery, and glasses
Eye Care Personnel Training/Capacity Building – support training of mid-level health care workers to support eye care hospitals and systems.
Infrastructure – support building of eye care surgical centers and vision centers.
Medical Equipment – support donation of medical instruments and surgical equipment.
In addition, your organization must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1.CBI requires that all patient care and surgery be performed by qualified personnel according to guidelines promulgated by the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) for such care.
2. Organization’s main focus is health, human services, human rights, education and direct patient care (we do not support organizations that impact these areas only as a by-product of their work).
3. We do not accept applications for religious purposes, political campaigns, lobbying, or for individuals.
1. Alignment with Combat Blindness International’s areas of interest.
2. Statement of Need
3. Information about your organization, including care facilities, and qualifications of leadership and physicians.
4. Project Description – including population serving, impact goals, innovative approach.
5. Path towards project sustainability – please describe your goals towards sustainability for this programme, including a budget and list of other funding sources
6. References – Please provide references from 2 individuals and/or organizations. Please include reference’s name, title, and contact information.
CBI requires mid-year (January-June) and year-end reports (July-December) for the projects we fund.