Since 2015, the IAPB World Sight Day Photo Competition has highlighted the importance of eye health, shone a light on the social and economic impact of vision loss, and celebrated the tireless efforts of those who work to ensure healthy vision for all. The photo competition is made possible with support from Bayer.
This year the competition welcomes five expert judges. Each a leading voice in their field, our judges, represent diverse experience, expertise, and perspective.
“We are incredibly excited to bring this calibre of judging to our annual competition. They represent a diverse range of experience. Some of the best and brightest in the photography industry, individuals who are at the forefront of championing inclusion and equality and those who stand for professional excellence. We couldn’t be more pleased to introduce them to you,” said Joanna Conlon, Director of Development and Communications at IAPB.
The judges for the IAPB World Sight Day 2021 Photo Competition are:
- Dave Hogan, World-Renowned Celebrity Photographer
- Caroline Casey, IAPB President
- Michael Schoenfeld, Multi-Award-Winning Photographer
- Marge Axelrad, Editorial Director of Vision Monday and VMail, Jobson Optical Group
- Fatima Zehra, Clinical Ophthalmic Technologist and IAPB Eye Health Hero 2020
The competition has attracted thousands of entrants from around the world, and this year the judges are calling for a wider scope of submissions. The new categories provide opportunities for participants to demonstrate a greater range of skills. The new categories include:
- ❤️ LOVE YOUR EYES – a picture capturing a subject(s) receiving eye health services or care.
- EVERYONE COUNTS – a portrait of an individual that demonstrates how each individual counts and has the right to be included.
- ❤️ HEALTH FOR ALL – a picture capturing subjects delivering health services.
- ❤️ HOPE – a picture that captures the magic of a moment and reminds us all that there is joy and hope for the future.
“Our hope is that the competition gives amateur and professional photographers an opportunity to share the stories they’ve captured. We invite everyone to get involved,” added Joanna Conlon.
The IAPB World Sight Day 2021 Photo Competition is part of the IAPB World Sight Day #LoveYourEyes campaign.
Submissions are OPEN! Submit your entry today. The competition closes on 18th October 2021.