We are thrilled to announce the World Sight Day 2022 Photo Competition Judges Panel. The seven judges selected for this year’s competition, each a leading voice in their fields, represent a diverse range of experience, expertise and perspective.
Please join us in welcoming our 2022 Judges Panel:
- Caroline Casey, IAPB President
- Julie-Anne Davies, World Sight Day 2021 Photo Competition Winner
- Marge Axelrad, Senior Vice-President, Editorial Director of Vision Monday and VMail, Jobson Optical Group
- Dean Saffron, World-renowned Photojournalist
- Imraan Gallo, Visually Impaired Photographer and Advocate for Artists with Disabilities
- David Katz, Internationally Acclaimed Photojournalist, Founder of The David Katz Foundation
- Dr Princess Ifeoma Ike, IAPB Eye Health Hero
“The nominated judges represent an impressive range of expertise and experiences. They include individuals at the forefront of championing inclusion and equality, some of the best and brightest in photojournalism and those who stand for professional excellence. We are incredibly excited to bring them together on the global stage for the IAPB World Sight Day Photo Competition,” said Simon Darvill, Head of Communications and Campaigns, IAPB.
Since 2015, the IAPB World Sight Day Photo Competition has highlighted the importance of eye health, shone a light on the social and economic impact of vision loss, and celebrated the tireless efforts of those who work to ensure healthy vision for all.
Darvill added “The competition is fun, but we know the importance of the images submitted. They help us build awareness of eye health around the world, the positive impact it has on lives and the losses that result when it is not easily accessible. Solving universal eye health is within our grasp and sharing images is an important piece of generating a groundswell of awareness that reaches our leaders and decision-makers. We all have stories to share, and we cannot wait to see yours.”
The competition is open now and closes 20 October 2022. Prizes include $1,000 and $750 US dollar cash prizes. Submit your images today!
The IAPB World Sight Day 2022 Photo Competition is part of the IAPB World Sight Day #LoveYourEyes campaign.
The IAPB World Sight Day Photo Competition is made possible by the support of Bayer.
Image on top: A smiling man/Julie-Anne Davies