IAPB is looking to hire a Corporate Partnerships Officer.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a supportive and highly ambitious team and build your relationship management and partner stewardship skills in an international not for profit – for impact organisation.
The Corporate Partnerships Officer key function: Identifying, researching and developing new partnership and member prospects for IAPB.
Working as part of the partnership and membership team the role will work closely with the Head of Partnerships, Membership Manager, Valued Supplier Manager, IAPB Communications and Regional Manager teams supporting the recruitment of new members and corporate partners.
The Officer will work on 4 broad areas:
- Identifying potential new members and partners in line with our global recruitment strategy including researching the CSR activities and key personnel to inform targeted approaches
- Writing high quality external content, including monthly update emails to corporate partners and supporters, new business proposals, partnership contracts, and other marketing materials as required
- Supporting campaign and event sponsors and partners. Support the Head of Partnerships and Income with key campaign and event partnerships / sponsor management and ensure timely reporting. Assisting from time to time with event delivery
Identifying potential members and partners
- Undertake research to identify potential members and partners (including identifying key staff). Research will include, identifying CSR synergies, links to vision and/ or the Sustainable Development Goals and global/ regional connection mapping to our existing networks.
- Identify key events/ meetings that prospects engage with to inform marketing and promotional activity.
- Identify key groups/associations that prospects engage with
- Monitor effectiveness, cost and opportunities linked to recruitment and acquisition campaigns.
- Ensure CRM data is collected and up to date
- Develop targeted marketing and recruitment material in partnership with communications and regional colleagues.
- Contribute materials to communication pieces to build new member/ partner recruitment and engagement.
- Lead on monthly corporate partner emails and regular update to warm leads.
- Support the development of funding and new business proposals.
Campaigns and Events
Support the Head of Partnerships and Income with key campaign and event partners / sponsors.
- Account management of World Sight Day partners.
- Support the development of our business and employee eye health campaign.
- Ensure timely reporting.
- From time to time assisting with IAPB events.
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: In a series of brief statements identify the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required.
(E) Essential, (D) Desirable
- Team player E
- Problem solver E
- Can do attitude E
- Excellent relationship building skills E
- Account management (or similar) experience D
- Knowledge of international development D
- Fundraising experience D
- Conscientious E
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to act proactively to identify new partnership and or member recruitment opportunities (E)
- Qualified to degree level or with equivalent experience (E)
- Experience of communicating to a variety of audiences, both in writing and verbally (E)
- Knowledge or interest in health or development issues (D)
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills (E)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (E) inclusive language
- Understanding and sensitivity of other backgrounds: cultures, disabilities etc
- Excellent drafting skills. Able to tailor written communications to a wide variety of different audiences. (E)
- Well organised (E)
- Good IT skills (E)
- Basic project and event management, including logistics (D)
- Knowledge of corporate research/ donor prospecting (D)
- Highly self-motivated. / self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including tact and assertiveness, and the ability to communicate at all levels in a complex environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to work with senior contact and co-ordinate the activities of staff and contributors at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to tackle challenges constructively and find creative ways forward.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
There may be some limited overseas travel.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter by an email here.
Last Date: 16 Feb