Join a powerful, unprecedented alliance for better eye health for all.Join IAPB
The global policy response to Noncommunicable Diseases (NCDs) has historically focused on the four primary NCDs causing premature death – cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, and chronic respiratory diseases – and four main modifiable risk factors – tobacco and alcohol use, unhealthy diet, and physical inactivity. At the WHO Regional Office for Africa, Eye conditions are under the NCDs Management Programme.
To ensure implementation of effective measures to prevent and treat eye health conditions and other NCDs across the life course based on a solid PHC network accessible for all under the principle of UHC, the NCDs Programme has decided to hire a consultant for three months in order to manage and supervise Eye Health activities into its biennial workplan.
General Objective: To assist AFRO NCD Management Programme in managing and finalizing planned activities related to Eye health.
Tasks: The Consultant will work under the guidance of NCD Director and, under the coordination and supervision of the NCD Programme Coordinator. Specific tasks include:
– To develop for the WHO Academy a training curriculum and its content on Primary Eye Care (PEC).
– To organize a regional meeting to launch the World Report on vision and; coordinate national policy dialogue on how best to integrate Eye health in school health and how to identify the most appropriate.
The Consultant will work from His/Her country of residence. S/He will travel on mission representing AFRO, when requested.
5th April 2021 – 5th July 2021 (3 months part time working for 3 days a week)
WHO will, in consideration for the work pay a total of Fifteen thousand nine hundred American dollars (US$15,900). This reflects US$425 honorarium per day for three working days a week during the three months at P4 level plus US$200 per month for miscellaneous costs (e.g. print, phone, internet connection).
In case the selected expert is requested to travel in relation with the assigned tasks, perdiems will be paid as well as a return ticket.
A 25% (US$3,975) advance payment will be paid upon signing the contract. The other 75% (US$11,925) will be paid at the end of the consultancy upon completion and submission of a report. This last payment will be made upon certification by the authorized official that each phase of the work has been successfully completed.
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2021
Dr Jean-Marie DANGOU
NCD Programme Coordinator, UCN Cluster/WHO AFRO
Cité Djoué, PO.Box: 06
Tel : +47 241 39344 ; Email : [email protected]