We are looking for a highly self-motivated and driven individual with excellent communication skills to join the global peak body for eye health as we seek to expand and develop our network in Latin America.
Based in the region, the key purpose of the role is to:
- Build effective relationships with members and key stakeholders across Latin America.
- Map, identify and develop new potential member prospects to achieve recruitment targets for new members.
- Support the IAPB Regional Chair in the development and delivery of the annual regional plan.
- Work with the IAPB network and regional Ministries of Health to introduce the new global sectoral strategy and national policy dialogues on eye health
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced eye health professional to make their mark in global eye health.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in NGO /International development or public health.
- Experience of the eye health sector
- Experience in sales & marketing and/or the development of proposals and grants within a development context
- Experience in communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders in various forums and formats
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relationship management skills, in particular diplomacy, persuasion and communication across cultures
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Willingness to work closely with a multi-cultural global team across time-zones
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and reporting skills in English and Spanish
- Eagerness to travel within the region
The successful applicant will engage a broad mix of stakeholders and understand challenges for health policy across Latin America. A strong team player who can work with a wide range of individuals and needs little supervision to complete tasks. A diplomatic self-starter with a passion to build collaborations, enhance the work of IAPB members and develop a lasting network in the region.
The successful applicant will work closely with the IAPB Global team, with the IAPB Regional Chair for Latin America and will report to the Programme Manager based in the Western Pacific region. The role can be located in any country of Latin America for the right candidate. Regular calls and a close working relationship with the Western Pacific Programme Manager, located in Sydney, Australia, will be required.
Why work with us?
Work for purpose, know that your work contributes to creating a world where no one is needlessly visually impaired, where everyone has access to the best possible standard of eye health; and where those with irreparable vision loss achieve their full potential.
IAPB is an equal opportunity employer with a candidate selection policy that encourages diversity and inclusion.
All applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to the Western Pacific Programme Manager, Drew Keys, [email protected], using the subject line: Latin America Development Officer enquiry.
Applications are due by Friday 17th September, 2021.
Latin America_Development Officer_JD