CBM is one of the leading international development agencies for people with disabilities. It supports the provision of services to persons with visual, hearing and physical impairment in more than 113 developing countries. CBM assists persons with disabilities regardless of their nationality, gender, or religion.
Key areas of work
- prevention and cure of blindness
- education and rehabilitation
- training of national staff
Major project types
- eye hospitals/mobile eye clinics
- education for blind and deaf people
- rehabilitation programmes
- orthopaedic clinics
CBM supports its partners in implementing the projects financially and by seconding qualified employees such as ophthalmologists and orthopaedic surgeons, administrators and CBR experts whose foremost task is to train national specialists. Helping others to help themselves is the most promising way to enable developing countries to gradually become independent of foreign aid.