London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is currently accepting applications through the LSHTM online application system for the annual MSc Public Health for Eye Care (MSc PHEC). They also have scholarships available.
This course aims to provide eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their setting.
The training will enable them to:
- Develop a public health approach to eye care services and the control of blindness in keeping with the objectives of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight
- Acquire and apply skills in epidemiological and operational research in eye health
- Adopt public health strategies in planning and managing eye care programmes
- Facilitate personal development, enabling individuals to contribute more fully to their countries’ and societies’ eye health
- Engage with local, national and international networks of health professionals and systems, for the prevention of blindness worldwide
Students will be expected to have either a degree in medicine or a second class honours degree of a recognized university in science/health related subject. Students are expected to be health care professionals involved in eye care; or to have appropriate technical qualifications and work experience.
Early application is encouraged and it is recommended to apply by 1 March 2017. However, applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled.
Applicants wishing to be competitive for scholarships are advised to apply to the MSc PHEC by 1 March 2017.
Current available scholarships for MSc Public Health for Eye Care:
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (4 scholarships available)
- Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Scholarship (4 scholarships available)
It is essential that all students should have an adequate command of the English language to benefit from studies at the School. It is extremely important that applicants required to take an English language test do so as soon as possible. This is a United Kingdom Border Agency requirement.
For more information on fees, scholarships, course objectives and all other general information please visit the official course website at: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/applications/index.html
Important Information: LSHTM has uses an electronic application system. If you are requesting paper applications there will be a charge. Please view the online application FAQ page: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/application_guidance.pdf
Contact [email protected] for any queries.