VISION 2020 UK is an umbrella organisation which facilitates greater collaboration and co-operation between organisations within the UK which focus on vision impairment and operate on a national, regional or international basis.
VISION 2020 UK’s objectives are:
- To prevent avoidable blindness
- To improve the quality of services to vision impaired people
- To improve the training available to professionals providing advice and services
- To improve communication between organisations within the VI Sector
- To improve the availability of information to vision impaired people
- To ensure that the voices of the vision impaired are heard when planning services and their opinions sought on key issues affecting their lives
- To raise public awareness of the issues and problems relating to sight loss
In addition to the above, VISION 2020 UK will seek to provide a unified response on key issues affecting vision impaired people and to provide vision impairment sector representatives for consultation groups, working parties and project groups.
VISION 2020 UK,
PO Box 70172,
Tel: +44 07837 692026