The annual MSc Public Health for Eye Care is currently accepting applications through the LSHTM online application system.
This course aims to provide eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their setting.
The training will enable them to:
- Develop a public health approach to eye care services and the control of blindness in keeping with the objectives of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight
- Acquire and apply skills in epidemiological and operational research in eye health
- Adopt public health strategies in planning and managing eye care programmes
- Facilitate personal development, enabling individuals to contribute more fully to their countries’ and societies’ eye health
- Engage with local, national and international networks of health professionals and systems, for the prevention of blindness worldwide
Students will be expected to have either a degree in medicine or a second class honours degree of a recognized university in science/health related subject. Students are expected to be health care professionals involved in eye care; or to have appropriate technical qualifications and work experience.
Early application is encouraged and advised to apply by 1 March 2016.
However, applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled.
Applicants wishing to be considered for scholarships are advised to apply by 1 March 2016.
Please note that this is not the application closing date.
Although applications are accepted all year round, other applicants are also advised to apply before this date as courses can become full rapidly. While early applications is encouraged, late applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled. All applicants should be able to start the course on the first day of the academic year, September 2016.
English Language Requirement
It is essential that all students should have an adequate command of the English language to benefit from studies at the School.
Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will check your English language ability. It is extremely important that applicants required to take an English language test do so as soon as possible.
For more information on fees, scholarships, course objectives and all other general information please visit the official course website at: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/applications/index.html
LSHTM has uses an electronic application system.
If you are requesting paper applications there will be a charge.
Please view the online application FAQ page: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/application_guidance.pdf