The International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) has announced the launch of the IAPB Young Systems Leader Awards, a new initiative designed to amplify the voices and empower early-career professionals driving transformative change in eye health.
This new award is a call for “Systems Thinkers”, young professionals working in the eye health sector who are shifting the paradigm to tackle avoidable sight loss. The initiative has at its heart IAPB’s ambitions 2030 In Sight Strategy. A strategy driving the eye health sector to move beyond isolated interventions, calling on individuals and organisations to embrace a holistic systems approach, seamlessly integrating eye care within health systems and demonstrating its vital role in other sectors and settings.
The IAPB Young Systems Leader Awards will shine a spotlight on exceptional young professionals (under 35 years of age) who embody critical systems thinking.
“The future of eye health rests on the shoulders of this next generation,” said IAPB President, Caroline Casey. “The IAPB Young Systems Leader Awards celebrates the brilliance, enthusiasm, and collaborative spirit that will define the future of eye health and change the lives of so many for the better. By investing in these inspiring young professionals IAPB wants to empower them to champion systems change and ensure everyone, everywhere has access to quality eye care.”
Nominees are passionate about:
- Embracing innovation and adaptability
- Forging cross-sectoral collaborations
- Piloting new approaches and ideas
- Fostering a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Shifting from reactive problem-solving to proactive planning
Award recipients will be equipped with invaluable opportunities to:
- Take centre stage at 2030 INSIGHT LIVE Mexico, the premier eye health conference, by speaking or co-facilitating a workshop.
- Connect with senior-level professionals and IAPB President, Caroline Casey through pre-arranged networking meetings.
- Sharpen their skills through a customized online workshop program covering systems leadership, 2030 In Sight, public speaking, networking, and maximising participation in 2030 INSIGHT LIVE.
- Share their insights with the global eye health community through an opinion piece or Q&A published on the IAPB Knowledge Hub and social media channels.
Nomination and Selection:
- Nominations open on 12th February 2024 and are exclusive to IAPB member organisations.
- Up to 10 Systems Leaders will be chosen based on a commitment to systems thinking.
- Candidates must be under 35 years of age as of June 30th, 2024.
- Candidates must be available from 26-27 June to be able to attend the online program and 2030 INSIGHT LIVE Mexico.
Nominations close 4th March 2024
The IAPB Young Systems Leader Awards offer a powerful platform to cultivate the next generation of leaders and ignite a brighter future for all. IAPB encourages its members to nominate exceptional young professionals who are poised to shape the landscape of eye care globally.
For more information and to nominate a candidate, please visit the Young Systems Leader Awards page.