The International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) is pleased to announce the release of its 2023 Annual Report, offering a comprehensive overview of the organisation’s achievements and outlining exciting plans for the future. This year’s report holds particular significance, as it dives deep into the progress made towards the ambitious 2030 In Sight strategy – our global roadmap for elevating, integrating, and activating eye health.
“We are incredibly proud of the advancements made in 2023,” says IAPB CEO Peter Holland. “Through the dedication of our members and partners, we’ve witnessed significant strides towards our 2030 goals. This report showcases the collective impact we’re making, giving voice to the millions whose lives have been transformed by access to quality eye care.”
The report opens with messages from key figures within the IAPB, including:
- President Caroline Casey: Highlighting the importance of advocacy and awareness-raising, emphasising the need to elevate eye health on the global agenda.
- Board Chair Babar Qureshi: Applauding the collaborative efforts of members and partners in achieving concrete progress towards the 2030 In Sight strategy.
- CEO Peter Holland: Sharing insights into the organisation’s operational successes and outlining strategic priorities for the coming year.
Beyond these messages, the report delves into specific accomplishments across various areas of IAPB’s work including:
- Advocate: IAPB’s continued efforts to influence global policy and secure funding for eye care programs are highlighted, alongside successful advocacy campaigns at national and regional levels.
- Campaign: Highlighting the growth of the Love Your Eyes campaign and members amazing efforts on World Sight Day, bringing the message to a wider audience.
- Learn: The report showcases the organisation’s commitment to sharing best practices and fostering knowledge exchange through publications, webinars, and other resources.
- Connect: The vibrant community of IAPB members is recognised, welcoming new members and with examples of the important contributions of members in our regions.
The 2023 IAPB Annual Report is a testament to the organisation’s unwavering commitment to achieving its 2030 In Sight vision. By elevating eye health on the global agenda, integrating it within broader healthcare systems, and activating individuals and communities, IAPB strives to ensure a world where everyone, everywhere has access to affordable eye health services.
Download the 2023 IAPB Annual Report