The International Centre for Eye Health and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine are re-running the successful free online course on Eliminating Trachoma with the help of its partners FutureLearn.
The course development has been supported by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Sightsavers and International Coalition for Trachoma Control.
The course aims to:
- Inform and support the personnel implementing and managing trachoma programmes at a district and community level
- Provide insights from stakeholders, experts and professionals as they share successes and resolve challenges to achieve elimination of trachoma
- Throughout the 5 week course we use a variety of learning tools and provide opportunities to interact and learn through conversations with peers, educators and experts from across the world. Together, we will examine:
- Mapping trachoma to identify the affected communities
- Implementing trachoma prevention and treatment: SAFE strategies at the community level
- How to validate and certify successful trachoma elimination
Course start date: 17 April
To enrol into the course: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/eliminating-trachoma
On completion, participants will have the opportunity to purchase a Certificate of Achievement.