Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is looking for a Head of Department – Ophthalmology
The responsibilites would include ensuring annual and long term financial and quality of care targets are met, expanding the established reputation and contributing to the organisational expansion of CCBRT’s private eye services.
- Provide on-the-job management and fulfill administrative responsibilities
- Ensure cost efficient delivery of quality eye services care (OPD consultation, treatment and surgeries) and ensuring guidelines/standard operating procedure/policies pertaining to patient care are in place
- Prepare, implement and monitor annual budget plan for the eye department in close collaboration with Disability Hospital and Private Clinic management
- Take responsibility for the profit and loss statement (financial performance) of the Eye department. Make sure that strategy and financing of the Eye department are in line with the social enterprise objectives of CCBRT
- Ensure continual quality improvement of work procedures and services are developed and implemented
- Ensure annual staff coaching, mentoring and training and ensuring development plans are developed and implemented
- Ensure quality of medical data
- Strengthen the CCBRT eye department as clinical training site
- Establish a culture for eye research
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of health professionals to provide excellent patient care; this includes also collaboration with other CCBRT departments
- Pro-actively contribute to the further strategising and marketing of the CCBRT eye services
- Link with external bodies: government/DOH/NGO’s and be the host of visitors to the eye department
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified medical professional with specialisation in ophthalmology and a minimum of 10 years of proven professional experience and 3 years experience in departmental management (experience in Africa is preferable)
- Qualification in Hospital Administration or Health Management is an advantage
- Registered with respective medical council
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with job reference number: 2016-20
Deadline for Applications: 31st May 2016
Also see the CCBRT careers page – http://www.ccbrt.or.tz/careers/
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability and rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to empower people with disabilities and their families, improve their quality of life, and ensure access to medical and rehabilitative treatment. Committed to preventing disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities and is currently constructing a Maternity and Newborn Hospital which will serve as a referral centre for high risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.