The International Centre for Eye Health and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine are re-running the successful free online course on Global Blindness from 7 January 2019.
The course will explore practical, tried and tested approaches for strengthening local eye health services, in resource limited settings.
It is also available in French, Spanish and Portuguese.
What topics will you cover?
- Epidemiological data on the causes and prevalence of blindness and visual impairment
- VISION 2020: The Right to Sight
- The Global Action Plan 2014-2019
- Key public health strategies for cataract and refractive error
- Health systems strengthening
- The essentials of the planning process for eye care programmes
- The principles of monitoring and evaluation
The course is available for a FREE UPGRADE courtesy from Study UK and the British Council! If you complete this course, those in eligible countries will receive a free Certificate.